MUGA stands for Multi-Use Games Area, and is the latest craze in outdoor ball-game and activity areas. It’s a modular system of units that can be purchased individually or combined to make a single compact play space with many fun and imaginative ball and coordination games that can be played on your own or in teams.
Panels, or walls, to choose from include:
- Skills Wall for budding soccer stars to practise shots through strategically placed holes for improved accuracy. Play with friends – one or more of you on either side of the wall impressing your mates with the power and precision of your shots. Younger players may wish to practise their throwing skills by trying to get their ball through to friends or family on the other side.
- Link-Up Challenge Wall is ideal for basketballers and netballers looking to improve their hand-eye coordination. Hit each numbered panel from the various positions, moving to the next floor marking each time you are successful.
- Team Knockout Wall consists of square panels divided into four coloured triangles each. The aim of the game when playing with friends is to hit the colour your opponent hit to win points or you’re out.
- Climbing Wall offers exceptional fun and exercise, with multi-coloured foot and hand holds to challenge your friends to see who can climb the highest, who can scale the wall by the most direct route, and who can manoeuvre themselves across the entire width of the panels.
- Kerby is a basic game played between at least two friends where each stands on a spot and attempts to bounce the ball off the kerb for the other to catch. If they succeed, they move back a space – if they fail they relinquish control of the ball to their friend.
- Cricket Wall, of course, is set up with painted stumps and bails, but with numbered targets on the wall as well you can use your imagination to make up any ball-throwing game you like.
- Colour Wall offers numbered coloured circles on panels for players to make up their own running, obstacle completing, throwing, games on.
- Basketball posts, goals and goal ends can all be supplied to make the space even more inclusive and fun.
Created to last – with a 25-year guarantee – and infinitely flexible in make-up, you can choose which of the activities best suit your park or play area, and how many panels to select and determine the size of your MUGA. If you’re interested in finding out about the MUGA revolution is sweeping across the UK and how your school or open space can benefit from one, contact Caloo today.